Saturday, November 9, 2013

Allen Session, Dreamy Draw Park

I love surprises.  Especially when it's a chance to catch up with an old friend and past coworker.  And Monday's phone call was the best unexpected surprise I've had in a long time. 

Deirdre and I have stayed in contact on a professional level through LinkedIn, but haven't physically seen each other for about 10 years. We've only exchanged a few emails in the past year, mostly because our careers took different directions and Deirdre is now out of state. On top of that, she has been a part of my computer programming, technically inclined network.  All of my current marketing efforts have been directed towards sales professionals in Phoenix.  She was not someone I would have expected to reach out to me for a family photo session. 

So, I was blessed to be a part of this couple's family portrait session during a business trip that brought Deirdre back to Phoenix this week. Nice surprise.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.  All I can say is that this couple is in LOVE. I think we captured some very tender, romantic moments. 

Time for me to be quiet and let the movie begin: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_6ROMIBsjE

Based on what I knew about Deirdre's expectations of the session, I prepared a few pieces of wall art before we sat down to review. My favorites are the hand painted portrait on canvas and the horizontal tri folio, the first two images below.  Deirdre and Elton agreed.